UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Siemens dishwasher is not running. Fault E:15. LEDS on…

Customer Question
My Siemens dishwasher is...

My Siemens dishwasher is not running. Fault E:15. LEDS on for tap, salt refill. The drain is not blocked and the water supply is on OK. I cannot reset by holding the start button for >3 seconds. I have cleaned the dishwasher and checked for blockages. It is less than a year old and has only been used for 6 months.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Siemens SD6P1S

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

How do I run a diagnostic, when the E15 code won't quit?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can do most simple work to fix the machine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/28/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E15 error code means water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks