UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Fridge of Zanussi fridge freezer has stopped working freezer…

Customer Question
Fridge of Zanussi fridge...

Fridge of Zanussi fridge freezer has stopped working freezer seems to work ok there is a constant clicking noise from unit when plugged in

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Batch no B NB85

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF STRAIGHTFORWARD YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It also has following nos on label VBO239-0000AW-JNB85S4-0061

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The model no is ZRB224NXO Type: RD30WCASE PNC:###-##-####SN:(###) ###-####
12/28/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Where abouts is the clicking noise comming from?

If you listen on the very top of the appliance does it seem to be coming from there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The noise is coming from lower section of freezer
other observations: freezer is working ok at much lower temperature than normal whilst fridge is circa 17C
I do not hear any fan running

Ok what happens alot on these is the freezer evaporator ices up to much and this effects the cooling around the appliance and can stop the fan from running.

You need to empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel in the freezer.

Behind this is the evaporator, If this is covered in ice then you need to use a hairdryer and melt the ice in there as this will be effecting the air flow into the fridge as all the cooling is done in the freezer.

Once its all defrost refit the rear covers and retry the appliance and see how it goes from there. This should cure the fault from there.

But as to the nose this could be ice around the fan so again clearing the ice will stop the noise as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DanielDid all that fan will not run
Was I blocked with ice on all the evaporator or was it clear?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was clear

Ok if the evaporator was clear then its possibley a faulty fan motor if the fan isnt running.

Check the compressor at the back and make sure thats running. But if the say the freezer is working then the compressor must be working so if the fan isnt then its looking like a faulty fan motor here.

You need a multi meter to check the fan motor for resistance and if faulty then it needs to be replaced and that should get the fridge working. As the fan needs to runas it blows the cold air into the fridge section to do the cooling.

So try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician