UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ELECTROLUX microwave/hood combo EI30BM55HSV is not

Customer Question
My ELECTROLUX microwave/hood combo...

My ELECTROLUX microwave/hood combo EI30BM55HSV is not heating. Please advise

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 yr old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model EI30BM55HSC

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/21/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Scott-Appliance,
 replied 7 months ago
Scott-Appliance

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Anytime a microwave runs but does not heat means that the magnetron ( Its purpose is to generate microwave energy. The high-voltage components accomplish this by stepping up AC line voltage to high voltage, which is then changed to an even higher DC voltage. This DC power is then converted to the RF energy that cooks the food.)

has failed and will have to be replaced. This is a dangerous repair because microwaves hold high voltage even when power is not being supplied to the unit, so it is highly recommended that only a qualified technician make this repair. The magnetron and also the diode that will need to be replaced usually run in the range of 140.00 -300.00 just in parts depending on the model. If you would like me to find you the part numbers I would be glad to if you still want to attempt this repair yourself so let me know, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.