UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a siemens dish washer that last night through mid…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a siemens dish washer that last night through mid cycle, has 'froze' with an e15 error. I have checked the water supply and all the filters. nothing looks untoward. It is 5 years old and never given any problems before

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Siemens, SN66M053GB/32 How do I perform a diagnostic test?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

AS a mechanical engineer I was going to give it a go

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. The E15 went off when I tilted the built in machine forward but when I replaced it back in position and ran it, it came back on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/21/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E15 error code means water has leaked into the base and has activated the flood switch in the base.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its back and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part. I know its built in but im afraid the dishwasher will need to be removed to sort this out.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.