UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher not working, it is an Indesit. There is a DIF16…

Customer Question
Hi, dishwasher not working...

Hi, dishwasher not working, it is an Indesit.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

There is a DIF16 reference by the control panel, does this help?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to, There is power to the fused switch from the supply is Off then to the dishwasher when it is on so there I know there is power the dishwasher but no lights on the control panel!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have removed the front panel to test power to the control board and there is power to the board!!!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/21/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Whis control board is it you tested was it the one in the door at the top?

If so then this is just the user interface board. The main power board is at the bottom of the dishwasher at the front.

So if you have the outer door panel off you need to remove the plastic cover below the door at the bottom.

There you will see the main power board.

Remove this and open the plastic casing and see if theres signs of burning on there. As for the fault you have here if theres nothing coming on and the power is fine to the dishwasher then the main control board will be the fault here.

As the power enters the dishwasher and goes stright to the power board. So if nothing comes on the power board at the bottom is usually the fault here.

Now for this the boards are sold blank and have to be programmed up. But you need the Indesit laptop to do this so the cheapest option here is to get Indesit in as they do a fixed price repair for £120 all in. For this they will replace the power board and program it up so its actually cheaper then you buying the part yourself.