UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bosch aquastar. I can't shut the door because the…

Customer Question
I have a bosch...

I have a bosch aquastar. I can't shut the door because the latch is stuck. I've called a man out x 2 in the past and he's fixed it in seconds. I tried to remember what to do but i can't. I need a picture to show me what to do!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Exxcell maybe 5 yeasr old. I can look for model no

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes you just need to poke something to get a little lever out of the way so the catch in the machine will retract. No need to unscre anything

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

SMS63E12GB

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/20/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The door latch will have flipped back on this causing the fault.

You need to open the door and look at the top of the dishwasher were the door closes at the top and there you will see the door hook.

You need to get 2 small screwdrivers and insert them in there 1 either side and try and flip the hook backwards.

Or get a piece of string and make a loop out of it and push in there and try and hook it onto the door hook and pull forwards and that will reset it.

But failing that if you cannot do it this way then you need to pull out and remove the top and then you can reset it by hand from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Your instructions were not that clear. We have sorted it but by using our own common sense.
We have sorted out the problem by ourselves there is no need for further assistance. We were dissatisfied with the advice given especially as the website stated the cost was $5 when after credit card details taken the cost went up to £13. Therefore I am unhappy to pay the full amount just the $5.