UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My beko washing machine won’t do anything at all no lights…

Customer Question
My beko washing machine...

My beko washing machine won’t do anything at all no lights or anything

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Beko 5kg a+a class

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

And no idea how old it is If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’ve checked the fuse and the trip switch And it’s not that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Hi have you got an answer yet
12/19/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number of the washer please.

On this the power enters the washer at the back at the mains filter.

Then from there it goes to the on/off switch.

Then from there it goes to the control board.

So if theres nothing turning on then its one of the above at fault.

So you need a multi meter to test this.

Pull the washer out and remove the top panel.

There you will see the mains filter at the back were the power cable goes to.

With your meter check you have 230v there.

Then follow the wiring to the on/off switch and again check this and see if its switching over. If not then the switch is at fault here and needs to be replaced.

But if the switch is fine and theres 230v going to the control board then its the control board at fault here and will need to be replaced.

Check that out if you can and see what you find as for a fault like this it will be one of the above.

UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks