UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Electrolux refrigerator the meat is freezing in…

Customer Question
I have an Electrolux...

I have an Electrolux refrigerator the meat is freezing in meat drawer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model EI26SS3OJSO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends whats involved

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The refrigerator portion also freezes other items on the lowest portion of the main compartment of the refrigerator

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/18/2017
UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 8 months ago
woody463

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 8 months ago

Ok

If the fresh food section is getting too cold , then you probably have an issue with the Thermistor (temperature sensor) .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I have a voltage detector that has range from 100-600V
UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 8 months ago

does it test for ohms= Resistance?

UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 8 months ago

Did I loose you?

No it does not, but I can pick one up at the local hardware store
UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 8 months ago

Ok Great if you remove it and then place it in a glass of ice water at 32 degrees it should be reading approx 20,000 ohms

If the thermistor is out of spec then it needs to be replaced .

If it is reading properly then you have an electronic control board issue.

I can give you both parts info if you need it .