UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher is bleeping 3 times each time. Even when we…

Customer Question
Our dishwasher is bleeping...

Our dishwasher is bleeping 3 times each time. Even when we switch the machine off it sounds like the pump is still trying to do something

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Its an EG FAVORIT55502V10 how do we run diaagnostic test cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/18/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.