UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Sorry just realised you in the USA think I will be calling…

Customer Question
Sorry just realised you...

Sorry just realised you in the USA think I will be calling Hotpoint tomirrow

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 4 years old model number LFT114

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

4 years old Model LFT100

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My husband does yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/17/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Elliott Oxton, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name is Elliott. I am based in the UK as an appliance technician. I hope that I will be able to help you today. Could I just ask what the issue is with your appliance and how we can assist you today?Looking forward to assisting you shortly.
Elliott
hi our hotpoint LFT114 dishwasher seems to have a fault. only works for 10 mins before lights 1,3 and 4 start flashing and machine goes into drain mode then stops altogether with lights just flashing.
I have already paid £13 so won't be paying again please,advise
No problem. Thank you for the information. I will do some research now and try to write a detailed instruction of your options. Please give me a few minutes. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you so much for information you sent including the lights which were illuminated. This really helps to quickly pin point where the fault is.The fault on your machine ( lights 1,3 and 4) indicate that there is a F13 error which has occurred. This is unfortunately a fault with the main circuit board. The would make sense that some of the cycle works before it goes into fault.I can supply a link to a website which sells the spare board which is about £150. I'm sorry that this part is an expensive repair but it will help you to decide which route to take whether to replace the board or machine itself.
Ofcourse if this appliance is relatively new you may be able to cover the spare under a warranty with hotpoint or the supplier.I'm really sorry again to give you such bad news with your appliance fault. I wish I could give you better options at this time.I have opened up an option for you to rate my response to you this evening. This is the only way I am compensated for my time answering your questions from the website otherwise it keeps any payments for itself.After you have rated me I can still continue to support you on this issue.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.Warm regards
Elliott
I apologise for the delay but I am slow at typing :)
https://www.partmaster.co.uk/dishwasher/lft-114-uk-f049043/pcb-unprogrammed/product.pl?pid=2215030&shop=hotpoint&path=52511&refine=Board&model_ref=512296Please find the link for the spare part.
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton