UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking to reset an error code on our Bosch Maxx 6 1200

Customer Question
Hi, looking to reset...

Hi, looking to reset an error code on our Bosch Maxx 6 1200 washing mashine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its only 3 years old approx

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, the code its showing meant the hose was bent which i have now replaced but need to reset error

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The cod eis e17

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/17/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Elliott Oxton, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today. Please give me a few minutes to review and reply to your request.
With many of the codes that the comes up on these machines there is often multiple reasons for the same code. So although the manual may read a twisted hose, there is likely another reason if the code has not self reset.
If this was the issue, simply powering off the appliance at the plug for 30 seconds and then turning it back on should reset the error code. However if the code is still displaying then it is most likely another fault which I will talk you through in a moment. Please try the reset for now and let me know if that works.
If this does not work then the E17 code can also be as a result of an internal flood in that machine. This means there is some water inside the machine where there should not be water. You may be able to tip the front of the machine up and leave it held up for a few minutes. (Any water in the machine would then run to the back away from the sensor that is detecting the "flood") This is a quick fix which may get rid of your error immediately. Try this with the power off. After tilting the machine up (perhaps place something under the front to hold it up) reinstate the power.Additionally you maybe able to see if there is water inside the machine by removing the front bottom panel. You maybe able to see an access point. Inside you may find water on the floor, dry this up with clothes and perhaps dry it out with hair dryer or similar. If you do not find water inside or you have any other observations or questions please let me know. I'm here and ready to help.I have left an option open for you to rate my response to you today. I only get paid for my time if you rate me 5 star so I hope that I have earned that from you. If not I look forward to continuing to help you until I do. Once you rate me we will still be able to communicate until we come to a conclusion with your issue.I look forward to hearing from you soon.Warm regards
Elliott
Hi
Was this information useful for you at this time?
Did it have any effect?Elliott
Good day,Do you need assistance with this issue still?If you are happy that this has now been answered can you please rate me above by clicking on the star rating? I only receive payment by the website if you rate me 4*+ so If you feel I don't deserve this I would love to change that for you.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Elliott