UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch washer that won't drain. I have cleared the…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch washer that won't drain. I have cleared the plug at the front of debris and also removed the 'sump' hose and checked the ball etc and it seems fine, the drain hose is clear - but the washer will not drain.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is WAA24160GB/01 Bosch front loading washing machine 1200 spin speed - about 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible - depends on the nature of the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Such as?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/15/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you set the washer going on a spin only cycle do you hear the pump at the bottom running?

Hi yes it does work and I can see the impeller turning when the filter plug at the front is removed, however it does seem noisy..

Ok thats a bit strange how pump runs but the washer isnt draining even though the sump and waste hose is clear.

So if the sump hose is clear and the waste is as well then its possibley a weak pump struggling to pump the water out from there. In this case im afraid the drain pump will need to be replaced and that should sort the fault out. This could be why its noisy as well here.

Is there anything that I might have missed with the sump hose? It looks pretty straightforward - basically a ping pong ball inside a rubber housing....there are no blockages in either the housing or the hoses that come from it. I can blow air through the drain hose freely so know that that hose isn't blocked.
I intend to replace the pump although it isn't clear how to remove it. I can't see any bolts that secure it and the front panel of the washer does not seem to be removable ( at least not easily). Any idea how to get the pump out?
From the sounds of it you have check it all for blockages as there’s no were else it can block up.As I getting to the pump then the front panel will need to be removed as it does come off.But you need to remove the plastic console panel first and then release the door seal from the front and then there should be screws on the bottom of the front panel.
Then remove the screws on th top of the panel once the console panel is off then you should be able to access the pump from there.