UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Zanussi washer dryer ZWD 16270W1 and used the blog

to get a code (E66)...
i have a Zanussi washer dryer ZWD 16270W1 and used the blog to get a code (E66) as it had stopped mid wash. I checked the element and there was no continuity. I have replaced the element and the sensor and seemed to have cleared the system (having had difficulty) by putting the machine in a spin cycle. I then loaded it for a 40 degree was and chose quick wash. It started OK but then stopped when it came to do the rinses (I think). Drum still full of wet washing but door would open. Is this a reset issue or something else. Tried getting code and E66 still showing.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Zanussi ZWD16270W1 about 4 yrs I think
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes - see above
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: see above
12/12/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E66 error code is nearly always the control board im afraid. As it the heater relay on the board that fails and causes the E66 error code.

To reset the error code you need to turn the dial to off.

Press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and turn the dial 1 click clockwise.

Keep the buttons held in till the lights flash then let go.

Now turn the dial 9 clicks clockwise and it will show the error codes.

To delete them hold the start button in till it shows E00.

You may need to do this few times as it can store 3 error codes.

Once its cleared turn the dial to off.

Then turn on and turn back off again.

Now this will have delete the error codes.

So try the wash again and see how it goes. If it stops again then check the error code and if E66 is back then im afraid the main control board is the fault here and will need to be replaced to cure this.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried this. The code C11 came up on first click. When I turned a further 9 clicks the pump kicks in. Then water comes in. This is all while I'm holding the on button. E66 still shows / flashes and the on button flashes red.

When the C11 code comes up you then let go of the buttons.

Then turn the dial the 9 clicks till it shows the E66 code.

Then you press and hold the start button and the buton to the left of it till it shows E00

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried the 2 buttons and it did show E66 then went to E00 but changed back to E66. I took fingers off and repeated. This changed to E00 and then back to E66. I tried from scratch again and got LEE followed by E66 at start-up.It appears the board may be dud.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got E L E code, not Lee (predictive text changed it)

Ok the ELE is because you didnt turn it off then on then back off again thats all. Just turn it off and it will clear the ELE.

As to the error code clearing then coming back then the control board is the fault here as its a faulty heater relay on there which is causing this.

Sorry but the main control board will need to be replaced to cure this fault im afraid.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. Need to decide if It's worth the £170+ expense.

Your welcome.

Personally if it was me i would but another £100 to it and get a brand new one but thats me.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician