UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher shows e24 - I checked the hoses and the sink…

Customer Question
My dishwasher shows e24...

My dishwasher shows e24 - I checked the hoses and the sink oulet but there doesn't seem to have any blockages. Cleaned the entire unit with a special cleaner from siemens ran a programme but that did not work. I tried running it on a high programme70°C but that didn't help. I am baffled. What tips can you give me? The dish Washer details: Sn45L586EU/38

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

As I said the Make is Siemens - 2015 model SN 45L586EU/38

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have a guarantee for 5 years but am told it does not cover blockages outside or in the machine. I had the Siemens agents to have look at it and without doing a thing was billed €145

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just let me know what I can do

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/11/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Scott-Appliance,
 replied 8 months ago
Scott-Appliance

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The error code e24 is usually a drain error code.

Sometimes these units throw up false errors and by killing the power / turning the breaker off for ten minutes and turning it back on will reset the board. This usually will fix the problem.

If you continue to keep getting this error first thing you need to do is check your drain make sure its draining properly. Make sure filters are not stopped up and the check valve which is usually white in color and located in the bottom of your tub on the side wall is in place.

If those things check out ok check your drain hose for kinks or clogs.The next thing to check would be the drain pump itself, when you press the cancel button can you here the pump running? If not you need to check for power to the drain pump there should be 120v.

If the pump checks out ok you need to check voltage to the water valve solenoid. If you have voltage to the water valve but water does not come into the machine and the screens are clear then you have a bad water valve. If there is no voltage to either of those parts when there should be then you have a bad control board.

If all the above checks out ok you will need to replace the motor as the brushes in the motor have worn out and are causing it to drag triggering this error.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.