UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Favorit 88020 vi dishwasher with a 60 code,what…

I have a...

I have a Favorit 88020 vi dishwasher with a 60 code,what does that mean please

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Age Favorit 88020 vi,how do you run a diagnostic cycle please

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I work on gas boilers so I am competent

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it thanks

Answered in 1 day by:
12/11/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Hi

If you are seeing i60 error code then this is nearly always down to the main control board.

As i60 releates to a heating error. But as you see the error code this will be the control board as the heater relay on the board can burn and causes this fault.

Sorry its not good news but giving the error code you have this is going to be the main control board itself thats causing this fault. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Thanks for the reply Daniel,I have read on some forums that the board can be removed and the fault rectified by soldering the faulty joint on the board,what do you think.Andy

It wont be a bad joint as this just effects the heating but wont create the i60 code.

But can try and replace the heater relay itself as its just the relay thats the fauly.

So access the control board in the door and find the relay and replace it. You will see the relay as it will have brown heat stains on it were its burnt.

Is the relay part of the board or can it be purchased seperatly ?

Its soldered onto the board but if you are handy with a soldering iron then you can replace just the relay only on there. You need to access the relay and then go to either Maplins or RS componments with the numbers from the relay and you can get it from there.

But failing this then the complete control board will need to be replaced.

Thanks for the advice

Your very welcome.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician