UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Hotpoint FFA52 fridge freezer and am trying to

Customer Question
I have a Hotpoint...

I have a Hotpoint FFA52 fridge freezer and am trying to replace the freezer door seal. I’ve pulled it from the corner and a foam like stuff is breaking off, don’t know if I’ll be able to get the new one on. Is this glue?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

FFA52P

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I go ahead and just rip it out? Or do I need a specialist to fit it?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
12/13/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Dino, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Dino
Dino, Handyman

Hi

Im afraid these door seals are foamed into the door liner so they cannot be replaced.

When a seal fails like this im afraid you need to replace the complete door on this.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards