UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My hotpoint ltf11m132c dishwasher is not working. The power…

Customer Question
Hi my hotpoint ltf11m132c...

Hi my hotpoint ltf11m132c dishwasher is not working. The power button flashes green and the led screen shows the number one. There is a hissing noise from the drain point as if it thinks it is full of water. I have put water in the drainage point and this

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3.5 years old and it is a Hotpoint LTF11M132C

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe dependant on the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/4/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Hi

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.