UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Zanussi Fridge Freezer (model zjb9476x). The freezer…

Customer Question
I have Zanussi Fridge...

I have Zanussi Fridge Freezer (model zjb9476x). The freezer is working but the fridge part of the appliance is stcuk at 8'C stuck

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Zanussi Zjb9476x It is about 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yep... There is minus (-) button to bring the temperature down. When I press on it, the display goes 3,2,1 and then switches off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/4/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you cannot alter the setting on there then the control board will be the fault here for the fridge section.

Make sure its unplugged and then open the doors and look at the control frame. Remvoe the end caps then you can remove the console panel.

From there you can access the fridge control board. Inspect this for signs of burning. As these are prone for burning or correding and causing this fault here.

If so then both control boards need to be replaced as the front touch board and the board behind this comes as a complete kit.

So check that and see what you find but for the fault you describe its going the be the fridge control board at fault here im afraid.

Hi Daniel, thank you for your reply. I actually had to replace thr freezer part pcb earlier this year. It actually burnt out. However that wad 6 months ago and the fridge part worked ok. I will open it when I get home tonight to confirm to check the fridge pcb and get serial number of the part. I got the previous pcb from Partmaster.Co. UK. Is there any other company that you could recommend to find one?
Many thanks

If you can post the full product number of the appliance. It will be on the sticker inside the fridge from memory and will start with a 9. Then i can get the correct part number and find a suppiler for you.

Hi Daniel, I took a look at that pcb and it looked very clean, no sign of burning or dirt. The issue still persists. When I turn off power at wall and then switch back on again the fridge doesn't come back on automatically as the freezer does. I actually have to hit the minus button to get it to come back. Then it won't let me change temp up or down.So I took serial number of pcb and found part on partmaster.co.uk. Very slight v difference in code erf2021p01 on mine. There was no P01 in the part on partmaster sire and I couldn't tell from their photo. They also say despatch within 10 days, which is not ideal. So if you do have any other contacts that would be great.Many thanks for your help.
I can find a supplier but first I need the product number of the sticker inside the fridge then I can get the correct part number. As there 7 versions of this model and some have different part numbers for the boards.
The Model is zjb9476x. Pnc 925 781 830 02.Many thanks

Thanks for that.

Electrolux themselves have the part in stock so you can get it direct from them.

Click here for the part.

Hi Daniel, I got and fitted new fridge pcb and it has improved issue but not fixed it completely. .. which is odd.
I set temp to 5'c and it went down to that however it switched off during the night. When I pressed the minus button it came back on and had been working since.
Neither fan button nor full fridge button seemed to work last night... haven't tried them yet today.
Any ideas?

Ok seems a bit strange that. Hows it got on today?