UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hotpoint condense tumble dryer. I've changed heater element…

Customer Question
Hotpoint condense tumble dryer...

Hotpoint condense tumble dryer. I've changed heater element and thermostats as a complete unit following F03 fault code. F03 code still flashing and not getting warm. ?? Thanks Mark

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

18months old. FTCF87

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
12/4/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

The dryer is still flashing up with the F03 fault code if its used. Diagnosis required please. Thanks Mark

The front NTC sensor will be the fault here. As this is what causes the F03 error code.

Now depending on the full model number its either on the top of the front air duct or on the left hand side.

So remove the top and look down the front of the dryer on the inside at the white housing unit. See if the NTC sensor is there. It will have 2 thin wires going to it.

If its not there then you need to remove the left hand side panel when facing the dryer and there look at the bottom of the white airduct at the front and you will see the NTC there.

Replace this and that will cure the fault from there for you. The part number is *****

If you need anymore info just get back to me.