UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an integrated Bosch dishwasher - the anti-flood

Customer Question
Hello! I have an...

Hello! I have an integrated Bosch dishwasher - the anti-flood device has been activated and the drain runs even with door open. No red lights - it won't turn on. Is this something I can repair without an engineer?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hi - it's two years old - model is S51M63X2GB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if you can give me the advice I need to do it! I can't pull it out - it's fitted into the countertop - but I can remove the kickplate.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you help with my question?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/30/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Ok on this there is a panel below the door. Its a metal cover whichs sits just under the door.

You will need to removed the outer wooden door panel and the plinth at the bottom of the kitchen?

If so then look under the door and there you will see a metal panel between the door and the white plastic base.

Remove this metal panel and then you can access the inside of the base tray.

Make sure the dishwasher is unplugged and then use a sponge and soak the water up that will be in there.

Now this isnt easy as there isnt much room in there but you should be able to do it.

Failing that you will need to pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lie it on its back to clear the water in the base.

So try the above and see how it goes from there.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you need anymore help on this?

If so then just get back to me but if not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician