UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher has a flashing tap I have cleaned the inlet

Customer Question
Dishwasher has a flashing...

Dishwasher has a flashing tap I have cleaned the inlet filter and check that it drains it runs with the door open or closed

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It is a Bosch smv40t10gb/18 how do you run a diagnostic test.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is only 4 years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What you will find here is water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and activated the flood switch.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Done that and there was no leak I have tried to find a high level switch but can't find it

Ok so when you turn it on is the pump running all the time?

Or does it start to fill with water and then the tap light comes on?

The drain pump runs but no water comes in I have taken in inline filter out and cleaned it

Ok if the drain pump is running all the time but theres no water in the base of the dishwasher then its possibley the either the flood swith itself or the control unit at fault here.

What you can try is lie the dishwasher in its back and see if it has a removeable base tray. If so then remove it and check the flood switch to see if its stuck.

But if the flood switch is fine then its looking like it may be a faulty control board causing this fault im afraid. You need to access the control board and see if theres signs of burning on there.