UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Siemens washing machine. Error read F-18. Wash cycle…

Customer Question
Have a Siemens washing...

Have a Siemens washing machine. Error read F-18

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Wash cycle has stopped

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sib14-44 total textile management

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sib...SI

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

F18 is a draining issue on this.

What you need to do is access the bottom of the washer below the door and there yo will see the filter. You may need to remove the plastic cover first.

Once you have this you will see a small drain hose.

Pull this out and hang it in a bucket and pop the cap off and you can drain the water out from there.

Once the water is out you can then unscrew the filter cap from there and give it a good clean out.

Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back is the pump impeller X shape.

Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump up.

Once its all clear refit the filter and retry it and hopefully this will cure the fault from there.

Let me know how it goes from there.

Hi, will give this ago.
Thank you

No worries.

Hopefully you can sort it from there.

Hi, we have tried this before, no joy
Any other suggestions

Ok if the pump is clear and its still coming up F18 then im afraid its a faulty pump which will need to be replaced to cure this im afraid, Sorry.