UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My diplomat oven is stuck flashing auto. I have tried

Customer Question
My diplomat oven is...

My diplomat oven is stuck flashing auto. I have tried switching on and off at mains but not helping . the clock itself is not flashing just the a symbol. I do not know model and symbol beneath buttons are rubbed off

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

As stated above I do not know the make and model of appliance

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work do you mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/28/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you switch off at the mains and turn it back on does the clock come back on flashing?

it does.
I then press the 2nd and 3rd buttons down and the clock stops flashing however the "a" button remains flashing

Ok do it again but this time press buttons 2 and 3 and at the same time press the + button and see if this sets it.

If not then try it with buttons 1 and 2 and again at the same time press the + button.

Try them and let me know what happens.

I have already done that (as per message above) and it does not work
This information was freely available as a result of a google search. I have tried this and it didn't work hence trying here.
I am unable to take off the electrical panel myself

Sorry you didnt say you press the + button so thats why i said the above thinking you only press buttons 2 and 3 only.

If pressing the + button at the same time isnt working then the timer is faulty here. Now for this you have 2 options, Either replace the timer or you can bypass it if you dont use the timer.

But for this the oven will need to be pulled out and the top taken off.

Once the top panel is off you can see the wiring to the back of the timer clock.

Take a picture of the back of the clock and post it on here and then i can advise how to bypass the clock on this.

This is extremely poor service. I am very dissatisfied and want to terminate this with a refund.

Not sure why you think its poor service. You came here to get help on fixing this havent you?

Ive advised what the fault is and how to fix it so not sure why you think its poor service.

Im going to opt out of the question now.

I want to be transferred to a supervisor to complain about the poor service.
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician