UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hallo. My beko american fridge freezer is just showing an 8…

Customer Question
My beko american fridge...

My beko american fridge freezer is just showing an 8 on the panel on the front instead of temp etc

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Its a beko, bought in 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don’t know the model but without water/i e maker

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. was wirking perfectly when i went on holiday on 16th. got home testerday and everything defrosted

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/27/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you get this fault on these were it shows just the 8 on the front display then its an electronic fault on this.

Now it can be either the display board in the freezer door or the main power board on top of the appliance. Ive had both giving this fault in the past. But the most common one to cause this is the front control board in the freezer door.

As theres no tests you can do im afraid its a case of replacing the board to see if this cures it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.