UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to replace the waste water hose on a NEFF

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace the waste water hose on a NEFF S51M63X2GB/80 integrated dishwasher. However, unlike most dishwashers, the part does not seem easily reached. It attaches to a large plastic water tank running the full height of the side of the machine. Access to this would require either removing this tank, or the door hinge mechanism. I'm looking for advice or ideally manuals showing how to do this - its seems crazy having to spend £100 on a call out for such a cheap part.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It is a NEFF FD 9402, E-Nr: S51M63X2GB/80 There's no need to run a diagnostic cycle, the waste drain hose has been chewed through by a rat, the fault is clear to see.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, think that should cover it, it should be a simple job, if I can be told the correct order and method to disassemble it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/26/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you have the side panel off already and can see the hose going to the bottom of the plastic filling tank then all you need to do is just pull it down and it will come off.

As the hose is just a push fit hose so you dont need to remove the plastic filling or the door.

Just pull the waste hose down which is the one on the far left and it will come out. But place a towel under there as water will come out.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi - thank for coming back to me. I tried that but the hose seemed very hard to remove, even with pliers it wouldn't come off?

Normally all you need to do is wiggle the hose side to side while at the same time pull the hose down and it should just pull off.

Ok, thanks Daniel. I've ordered the hose and will try again when it arrives.

No worries, Im sure you can sort it from there.