UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a CDA WC130 dishwasher. After checking and cleaning…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a CDA WC130 dishwasher. After checking and cleaning the obvious things, filled salt and rinse aid, the rinse programm didn't finish. After reset and another test I noticed 3 flashes of the start button. Or was there 5 with a little pause after first 2?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

The brand is CDA, Model WC130

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible? But the washer is 8 years old and don't know what fault and if parts available?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Read first message, the test cycle stope with beep and 3 flashing lights?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/26/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The 3 flashes is error code F3 on this.

F3 indicates a fault in the heating circuit of the appliance.

This could be the heater, wiring or main control board.

It can also be a combination of these.

For diy repair, you will need to have, and be able to use, a multimeter.

Unplug the appliance and take the cover below the door off.

4 torx screws hold this on.

Beware of the extremely sharp edges on the metal work.

Look inside and see if there has been a leak.

If not, the tube heater is directly in front of you.

Disconnect it and test the heater to see if it's open circuit.

If it is then the heater will need to be replaced.

But if the heater is fine then you need to remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wiring loom. Check in there for breaks in the loom at the bottom were it bends round to the underside.

If the heater and wiring are both fine then im afraid the control board will be the fault here im afraid.