UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an ariston ecot6l washing machine. It is 2 years old.

Customer Question
I have an ariston...

I have an ariston ecot6l washing machine

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I changed the pressure machine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Whats the issue you are having with the washer?

hican i ask now my questions?
i have an issue with my washing machineit is an ariston ecot6l 2 years old

the problem is:* i program it to any washing plan
* it start pumping water out
* stops
*starting to put water inside
* stops
*start to spin the drum and after 10 seconds it stops and dosent continue
what is the problem?i am an engineer so feel free to speak with technical terms

When it does this does it stop with flashing lights?

If so then look at the lights thats lit solid and le me know whats lit

no, it is not flashing lights
every time it doing the same scenario...

Ok if you select a spin only cycle will this work?

nop

Ok have you checked the carbon brushes in the motor to see if they have worn?

yep, they are about 1'' long - this almost a brand washing machine

Bit strange how its not giving an error code as it should do really.

How long have you left it for when it stops?

Try it again but when it stops leave it for about 10 minutes or see and then see if it starts to flash the lights then.

sometimes i leave it for hours and it doesnt flashing the lights
any way i putted it again to spin cycle as u suggested and ill wait for ten minutes as we continue to check other things

Ok if its not flashing an error code and it does it on the spin and the brushes are fine then its more then likely the control board at fault here.

As there isnt much in these as theres the motor, pressure switch, heater and water valve so if you have checked them then all it can be is the control board on this.

These do fail as ive replaced quite a few in the past. Not sure what there like in Israel but in the UK they come blank and have to be programmed up with either the hardware key and smart card which Hotpoint sell or Hotpoint themselfs have to do the repair as they program it up with there laptop.

Sorry its not looking like good new but its looking like the control board is the fault here.

how do i reset a new pressure sensor? it is digital one...

You cannot reset it as theres nothing to reset on a pressure sensor im afraid.

i thought it was an pressure switch problem so i bought an replace sensor.when i plug in the new one it is acting different: it only pumping water out and then stops completely.does it make any sense?

So if you put the old switch on what happens?

everything i told u before was with the old sensor
when i put the new it only pumping out the water and stops all together
by the way, it is almost 20 min and it is not flashing (with the old sensor)

This sounds like the control board is the fault here. As its not reading the correct frequency from the switch so it sounds like each switch is giving different frequency signals to the control board so the control is looking like the issue here im afraid.

any particular electronic part in the control board? triac? transistor? mov? diode?what is the signal which the pressure sensor send the control board?zero volts for empty and 5 volts for full?

Thats something we dont go down to on the boards im afraid. We just replace the boards if faulty. Im afraid we dont repair componments on there.

what is the signal which the pressure sensor send the control board??zero volts for empty and 5 volts for full??

I dont know what signals it sends of the top of my head. I would need to have a look in the service manual on this but cannot access it till tomorrow now.

ok.thank u very much.take care,Eylam

Your welcome Eylam.