UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My beko washing machine is stuck on start/pause/cancel.

Customer Question
My beko washing machine...

My beko washing machine is stuck on start/pause/cancel

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Please help

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Wmb91242

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
My washer is stuck on start/pause/cancel
11/22/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you say its stuck on start/pause whats its showing on the display?

Shows stuck on 1:58
Padlock
Like a play button flashing
No I don't want a call

Ok if you see a padlock then its just the child lock thats turned on here.

Press and hold the quick wash and the anti crease buttons together for several seconds and it will turn the pad lock off and allow you to use it as normal from there.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Do u want to know the model no

You have already given it in your question as WMB91242 is this correct?

Have you tried to turn the child lock off?

Stil stuck
Child lock is off
Still won't start

Ok so has the pad lock gone off now?

Try this and see what happens.

Turn the washer off.

Turn the dial to the cottons cycle which is the 12 oclock position

Press and hold the start button and keep it held in.

Then turn the washer back on and hold the start button for several seconds then let go.

Now it will flash up and error code.

Then turn the washer off and then retry it and see what happens then.

Still on 1:58
& stuck on start etc

Ok if that isnt resetting it by going into test mode and holding the start button isnt resetting it then it can only be a faulty control board here.

You will need to replace the control board to cure this as this will be why its not resetting or clearing.

Thats the only thing that can cause this fault here if it going into test mode isnt resetting it.

On screen it shows
Spin speed. Temperature
1:58 e padlock.
& start on screen is flashing
Need the door opening
Got clothes inside

If the pad lock is still showing then it means the control panel is locked.

If you look at the push buttons on the front you will see a picture os a pad lock pointing to 2 buttons.

Hold them both buttons for around 7-10 seconds and see if it turns the lock off.

If not then it has to be the control board at fault here.

To open the door you need to turn the washer off and leave it 3 minutes and it should open.

If not then unplug the washer and see if this gets the door open.

If not then check the filter in the bottom right corner and open the filter there and drain the water and then see if the door opens from there.

Now all screen is lit
& washer is
spinning
What now?

If its spinning then leave it and see if it stops itself and finishes the cycle from there.

It's stopped without completing cycle...screen is showing everything
Water indside...door not opening

Ok you need to check the filter at the bottom if its stopped with water in there.

Check the filter and the pump impeller and see what you find from there.

Now it won't start?
Won't basically spin
Won't take more water

If the filter is fine then i afraid its as i said a faulty control board here.

To fix it the control board will need to be replaced.