UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDAL 11010 it starts a cycle fine…

I have a Hotpoint...

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDAL 11010 it starts a cycle fine but about 45 mins in it stops

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s only 2 years old. It’s a Aquarius FDAL 11010. The salt and rinse aid lights also flash along with the start stop button

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The water is pumping away fine.

11/22/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you have the start light and the salt, rinse aid lights flashing then this is an F08 error code which is a heating fault.

Now this is either the heater itself of the control board. If checking yourself you need to access the the heater unit at the bototm of the dishwasher so lie it on it back and remove the plastic base cover.

There you will see the heater unit attcahed to the front of the wash motor.

You need to test this and see if faulty and if so then it will need to be replaced.

But is the heater is fine then the control board will be the fault.

So check the heater and see what you find from there as the error code you have is a time out heating fault.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician