UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a hotpoint Extendia washing machine. the machine is

Hi I have a hotpoint...
Hi I have a hotpoint Extendia washing machine. the machine is not switching on and now power lights displayed
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is over 10 years old and is an Hotpoint Extendia
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure I have checked the plugs etc and have done nothing else Extendia BS1400
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I did a wash but did not use the machine for a week and when I went to switch on it would not come on
11/22/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number of the washer please.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Extendia BS1400
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am still waiting for a reply to my question

Thanks for that.

If the power supply is fine going into the washer but its not powering up then its more then likely the control board at the back at fault.

You need to pull the washer out and remove the back panel and from there you will see the control board in the bottom left corner.

Make sure its unplugged and then remove the board and open the plastic casing and remove the board.

From there inspect it for signs of burning or even a slug on it. As slugs like these boards and short it out.

If it has then the control board will need to be replaced. But this is a very expensive repair im afraid and will need hotpoint to do the repair as they have to program the board up.

So check that if you can and see what you find from there. As the fault you have if the power is fine then its going to be the control board itself at fault here.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you for you advice.When you say expensive to replace what kind of price are you talking?

If you was to do yourself then you are looking at about £260 as you will need to buy the control board and programming kit.

But through Hotpoint if you ring them up they will do a policy were they will fix it and give a 12 month warrenty on the complete washer for about £170 but you do pay monthly for that.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks for this information.I appreciate this.

Your welcome.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician