UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Classic Electronic dishwasher that operates…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch Classic Electronic dishwasher that operates fine except that once it has finished the wash cycle and moves to the drying phase, within 15 minutes it will trip the circuit breaker.Short circuit somewhere? Model Number SGS55EO2AU/30

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 to 11 years and model number SGS55EO2AU/30

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, i am a qualified sparkey.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

In what way?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/22/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

i have done this many times

ok give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

OK waiting

ok so it sounds like the high limit thermostat is kicking off because it thinks its overheating on the unit .

The washer just doesn't shut down it actually trips the circuit breaker in the main fuse box, as if their is a dead short.

I​ am wondering if you may have some wire damage possibly. Can you open up the front to inspect the control board to see if there are any burnt or lose wires?

I will have a look and get back to you later Travis.

sounds good please do keep me posted as to what you find.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman