UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bosch HBN13M550B/01 and the grill cooling fan wont…

I have a bosch HBN13M550B/01...
I have a bosch HBN13M550B/01 and the grill cooling fan wont turn off. All the dials are off. I have taken the lid off and there are what look like two thermostats one next to the lamp fitting and one to the side at the top. The one above the lamp is an open circuit, the one to the side is closed. Any ideas what has failed? Thanks.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you get this fault its usually the thermostat next to the light that fails.

As the one at the back that you say is closed is correct as this is the safety thermostat so will only go open if it overheats.

But the one near the light should be open circuit till it gets warm and then goes closed to bring the cooling fan on. Once it cooled down it goes open again and turns the fan off.

So as you say the thermostat is open but the fan is running still then its a bit strange.

If you pull one of the wires off that thermostat and turn it back on does the cooling fan still run?

Hi, yes if i remove one of the wires from the thermostat by the light it still runs, i have also tried bridging them to see if that made a difference. I have just taken the back off it and am going to follow the wires from the fan to see what they go through maybe there is another thermostat?

Its only showing them 2 thermostats on this.

So check the wiring to the fan as it must be picking up a feed from some were for this.

I found another thermostat on the light for the oven which was closed or has 23/05 on the top. Hopefully replacing that will sort the problem. Thanks

Ok if theres one there pull one of the wires off and if this is the correct part then the fan should stop. Try it and see what happens.

It's that part for sure I have ordered another, thanks

Ok im sure that will sort it from there for you.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician