UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an electrolux 7kg front loader. After a wash had

Hi. I have an...

Hi. I have an electrolux 7kg front loader. After a wash had completed normally, I found the drum had later filled up with water. I found nothing in the drain filter, altho the small impellor need coaxing to do a full turn. I ran it on drain for two minutes and it emptied.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

(cont.) This morning the same thing happened again: another drum full of water, even tho I had not run the machine. Many thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The model is EWF1087/W. I am reasonably handy and can give it a go.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The inlet pipe for cold water is completely dry.

11/20/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Is it collecting clean water in there?

Also does the waste hose go to its own stand pipe or under a sink?

the water is clean. The waste hose goes to the top of a sink and then feeds into the sink waste pipe.
At this stage I would prefer a text response.

Ok if its clean water then its the water valve at fault here. As the plunger in there isnt closing fully so its allowing the water to pass through it and slowly fill the washer up.

When you get this fault you need to replace the water inlet and this will cure the fault from there. In the mean time when you are not using the washer then just turn the water supply off to the washer and this will stop it from filling up like this.

Then with a new water inlet valve fitted this will stop the washer from filling up like this on its own.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks. Over and out.

Your welcome.