UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Aquarius Hotpoint washing Mc WMA32 the light on…

I have an Aquarius...

I have an Aquarius Hotpoint washing Mc WMA32 the light on the door is flashing so the M/C does not start,I have replaced the door lock but it is still flashing. What do I do next?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10yrs It's an WMA32.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

If you call me I live in France but need an english technician
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/20/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When the door lock light flashes is the door actually locked so you cannot open the door or are you still able to open the door?

I can still open door.

Ok if the door isnt locking and the door lock has been replaced then the only thing that can cause this is the control board at the top.

Remove the top and front console panel and there you will see the control board. This will need to be replaced to cure the fault im afraid. As for the door not to lock it can only be either the lock itself or the control board.

So im afraid this is going to need the control board in there replacing if you wanted it fixing, Sorry its not good news.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician