UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washing machine stopped mid cycle and tripped the

Customer Question
My washing machine stopped...

My washing machine stopped mid cycle and tripped the electric. I checked the filter and found a penny and a cotton bud stick. I checked the outlet pipe.seems fine. Butthe machine refuses to unlock.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hotpoint aquarius wml 540. Probably 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. I have no money

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The red lock light stays on even when i turn the machine off. when turned on it makes aclicking noise

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/20/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Has the washer stopped tripping the electrics now?

Also are you getting any flashing lights or error codes from it?