UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Bosch Dishwasher (SMV50E00GB/01) not heating. I noticed that

Bosch Dishwasher (SMV50E00GB/01) not heating...
Bosch Dishwasher (SMV50E00GB/01) not heating. Hi, I noticed that a wash wasn’t effective and realised that the water hadn’t heated. It also didn’t seem to complete the cycle. After a look at the control unit I didn’t notice any obvious damage so I focused on the heat pump. I measured the resistance and I seemed to get no readings on the NTC connections, and concluded that this was the fault. Unfortunately, replacing the heat pump has not fixed the issue. I have also cleaned out the pressure chamber with no change. Any ideas where to look next? Thank you. Tony
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 8 years old and it is the integrated SMV50E00GB/01.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I had planned to but it depends on the problem. I managed to change the heat pump without any issues
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think covers it. Thank you
Answered in 3 days by:
11/21/2017
Dino
Dino, Handyman

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

Regards

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi, yes please Dino. Any thoughts on next step?
Tony

Ok if the heat pump has been replaced then its either down to low water level in there or the control board.

Once is filled and starts washing stop it and add jug of water in there and see if this makes a difference. If so then its a pressure chamber fault not letting enough water in.

But if the water level is fine then im afraid its looking like the control board is the fault. It may look ok with no signs of burning but the heater relay on there do like to fail and this doesn't give any visable signs So for this the control board will need to be replaced im afraid on here.

That's probberly the heater relay there. This is something we don't do as we just replace the complete control board. But I know people who replace relays and repair boards and they work fine.

So if you handy with a soldering iron then have a go and replace the relay on there and see how it goes from there.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Thanks Dino, I will give it a try. I have nothing to lose! Ill let you know how it goes. Tony

No worries Tony.

Hopefully it will be good news.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Hi Dino, it worked. The relay was a bit tricky to remove, so i ended up breaking it apart and de-soldering each leg individually. I then had to suck out the solder from the through holes and clean them up a bit. But after fitting a new relay, it now all works perfectly. Thank you for your help. Tony

Nice one, Glad to hear that's sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Dino
Dino, Handyman
Dino
Dino
Dino, Handyman