UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Serie 6, Wash/Dry 8/5kg EcoSilence Drive that…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch Serie 6, Wash/Dry 8/5kg EcoSilence Drive that won't start now in any programme. I suspect the clicking door locking mechanism failure. Any idea, I've tried pulling the 'toggle' in the window at the bottom right hand corner, but no change.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 14 months old, but I don't have the exact model number, sorry

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Are you human or a bot?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
11/20/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

If so can you post the model number please.

Type WNAD62 WVG30461GB / 02

Thanks for that.

Are you able to change cycles or do you see a key sign lit up?

can choose any cycle, but no key sign.

Ok in this case if the washer wont lock to start a cycle and the key isnt lit up then its either the door lock itself or the control board.

If you havent tried already then try slamming the door and see if this shocks the door into locking.

If that doesnt work then its possibley the door lock at fault which you can try first. But as the washer is 14 month old then the washer is still under warrenty with Bosch as they give a 2 year warrenty on there appliances so give them a bell and they can fix it for you.

But if you want to fix it yourself then you need to replaced the door lock and hopefully this sorts it. But if not as i said then im afraid its looking like the control board itself is the fault here.

Ok, thanks, I'll call Bosch.

No worries, Im sure they will sort it for you from there.