UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint dishwasher lft114 and when it starts it…

I have a hotpoint...

I have a hotpoint dishwasher lft114 and when it starts it drains and fills ok but then it wont start the wash and start spraying. It just drains and leds 1 and 3 flash.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 years old model is lft114

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Checled filters and pressure switch all seem ok

Answered in 2 days by:
11/20/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

please

Lights 1+3 flashing indecates blocked filters.

What the normall cause of this a blocked hose.

Pull machine out and take off the bottom covers on the front and the right hand side panel. From there you will see the wash motor. On the hose which goes from the motor to the bottom spray arm is a sensor. What you need to do is take off this hose and give it a good clean and the same with the sensor inside it. Then refit and see how it goes then.

Hopefully that will sort it out then for you. But if its still the same then its possibley the wash motor itself at fault here as this can also cause the error code here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Checked the hose going from the motor to the spray arm and its clear although could not see a sensor inside. Have tried again and now getting lights 2 and 3 flashing

Lights 2 and 3 flashing is a time out filling fault. You need to check the water supply to the dishwasher and if thats all ok then you need to check the water inlet valve and see if faulty.

Check that as the flashing lights you have now is a filling fault on this.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician