UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Hotpoint AQXXL 129 - Water valve stays open after end of

Hi. Hotpoint AQXXL 129 -...
Hi. Hotpoint AQXXL 129 - Water valve stays open after end of wash cycle. It doesn't do that on a rinse or spin only program. Pressure valve seems to work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 7 years old - AQXXL 129
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: A lot of washing to go through so yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have taken the valves appart to clean them but there wasn't any dirt to mention. I have also blown into the pressure valve tube to "unblock" it. The valve clicks when blown into and seems to function properly
11/17/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you have a meter to test the power to the valve when it should be shut off to see if it is actually getting voltage?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It open and closes fine during the wash cycle. It is only at the end of the spin cycle that it appears to stay open all the way to "End"

Do you have a meter to test the power to the valve when it should be shut off to see if it is actually getting voltage? That will tell us if it is a controller issue or a valve issue. That is the only way to know.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
not possible now

Okay, well I will prepare answer for both things you may find. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok. Thanks

If you find that no voltage is being applied to the valve that is opening at the wrong time, then the valve is simply hanging open and will need to be replaced. However, if you find that the controller is actually energizing the valve, then the controller will need to be replaced. I suspect the controller is at fault but would hate to suggest you replace it without knowing for certain by testing the voltage. Parts for that machine are available below.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician