UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm looking for advice on fixing the control knob on my

I'm looking for advice...

I'm looking for advice on fixing the control knob on my Bosch built in oven. It's turning loosely, but not turning the inner wheel, so not changing the temp.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years old. Not sure what model it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's simple yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it's this model. Certainly it's the same recessed control knobs. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjr9L2orcPXAhUkDMAKHT7JDf4QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.euronics.co.uk%2Fcooking%2Fovens%2Fbosch-296hbn531e1b%2F2904&psig=AOvVaw3BOTnT-t1OQSeAnwj5OSVc&ust=1510930606427851

11/16/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is not a simple fix when that happens you have to replace the control behind the knob, this requires you to slide the unit out remove the top and front panel then control assembly to change it out. They often break causing that issue. You need the complete model off the machine to order the right control or have a tech come out ot your house and do the repair. Sorry it was not a simple fix for that issue.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician