UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My miele dishwasher has started constatntly humming even

though it is switched off...
My miele dishwasher has started constatntly humming even though it is switched off . Very weird. Last cycle completed without any issues. Any thoughts ?
11/16/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There is water below the wash tub in the base of the mechanical area of the dishwasher. That water will need to be dried out to restore normal operation.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
G1182 SCVi

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The dishwasher will need to be pulled out from the cabinet. The easiest way to drain the base it to simply tip the machine to drain it out or you may remove a side panel or the drip pan, instructions attached. Of course, if it leaks again, you will need to address the source of the leak.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I opened up the base unit and took out the plastic knob thing (impeller?). There is water constantly churning yet machine is not switched on

Yes, it is in flood mode. You have to access the area under the wash tub. Did you read my previous posts and see the attached pages??

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
i assume i should switch off power at the mains before doing anything ?

Yes, turn power off and pull machine out enough to be able to tip it forward.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Looks like i need a tiny allen key for side panel & cant access device power switch (its behind unit) so need to switch off mains meaning total darkness. Not confident. May just get local engineer

If you are not comfortable then definitely do not undertake this repair. If you gt hurt it certainly would not be worth the potential cost savings. At least you know what the problem is and what will need to be done by the engineer, though. That way you will be able to have some knowledge about what to expect!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician