UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I am getting E7 error on my Kenwood fridge freezer. What

Customer Question
does this error mean? JA: What's...
I am getting E7 error on my Kenwood fridge freezer. What does this error mean?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Kenwood KFF2DW14. 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If not too technical
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/9/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug the appliance for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Kelly. What does this error code mean?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried powering off the fridge freezer for 1 hour. The error went away, but returned a day later

E7 is not a programmed error. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Typically, when a control displays an error code it is not programmed to display, that is indicative of control failure or something is causing a glitch in the electronics. If it went away for a day, there is probably a problem within the defrost circuitry. Does it still cool fine and not mains tripping or anything along with the code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Appears to work fine. Just flashes E7 error

Are you seeing any frost build up in the freezer section?

Can ypu post a picture of the display showing that error code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No frost build up. Picture to follow

Thank you.

Yes, thank you. I suspect the electronic control is having issues but I cannot be 100% certain since the error code is not a programmed error. I do not want to speculate with such an expensive part so I am going to open your question back up for others to see in case another may have a differing opinion.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Kelly, do you have an update for me? I haven't heard from you in 3 weeks.Many thanks
Mark
Kelly, Appliance Technician