UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I've got a Miele fridge freezer which has been making a loud

Hi- I've got a Miele...
Hi- I've got a Miele fridge freezer which has been making a loud hum and gurgling noise for a few days - and now the temperature alarm is going off on the freezer part
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 5 years old I think. But sorry - I don't know the model? How can I find it?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly - depends how complicated the fix s
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
11/9/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There's a visible fan at the back that is running although ti stops when you open the door. There's no frost on the back wall of the freezer - although the fridge rear wall is more frosty than usual. I found the model number it'sMiele KFN12923SD

It likely has a problem with the sealed refrigerant system. However, a complete thaw may prove useful. Open the doors and unplug for 24 hours. Any change when plugged back in?

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, thanks for the advice. We did a full defrost as suggested but found this didn't help with the issue. We have ended up purchasing a new unit so this question can be closed. Thanks again.
Kelly, Appliance Technician