UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My meile K12820 SD fridge frosts up on the back wall. the…

My meile K12820...

My meile K12820 SD fridge frosts up on the back wall. the Super setting does not turn off and is constantly on. please advise o possible solutions

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Meile K 12820 SD less than 2 years old Tall larder fridge only. no Freezer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it is an easy parts swap

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Serial No 19/8968884

10/19/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the upper panel. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. See link below.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician