UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Hoover dynamic error code 03 - filter clean and clear all…

Customer Question
Hoover dynamic error code...

Hoover dynamic error code 03 - filter clean and clear all drain pipes are clear - bought and changed pressure switch as fairly cheap to do - it drains water but wont switch to spin cycle and tries to keep draining then times out to error code 03

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hoover is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its dyn 7164 d- sorry had to go and check

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can....!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I'm fairly happy taking machine to bits- i managed to replace the bearing on a LG machine we had a few years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/18/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What you will find here is the wash heater is the fault on this.

This is a very common fault on these hoovers as if its draining ok but flashing the E03 then its usually the wash heater. As it sometimes gives a E16 error code as well.

So you need to access the heater element at the back of the washer and if you have a megger test the insulation. If its giving a reading of 4Meg ohms or less then the heater needs to be replaced.

But if you dont have a megger then i would just replace the heater anyway as they are very prone for failing and giving this error code.

So replace the wash heater at the back of the drum and this should cure the fault from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician