UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My CDA WC370IN dishwasher won't start, the power is on but…

Hi, my CDA WC370IN dishwasher...
Hi, my CDA WC370IN dishwasher won't start, the power is on but it won't let me select a program?
10/18/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Is the display lighting up as normal?

If you press and hold the program button for a few seconds does this reset it?

it is, but no that doesn't reset it?? Just 2 dashes... the uppper, lower, salt, rinse aid and end lights are on too
It's now letting me go through the programs as it has done before but most times I turn it on and I get the same problem

Ok so as you can select a cycle if you try and start it what happens then?

I've selected P7 and it's started to work, I think it may be something to do with the end light being on but we never empty to open it early etc?

Ok it may have needed a reset as sometimes the control board can get messed up.

So just see how it goes from there and if it fails again then just get back to me.

Thanks but usually it won't let me reset it either no matter how long I hold the program button down?

If its not letting you reset it then im afraid this is usually down to the program board in the door im afraid.

So if its still playing up like this and it just wont reset then then its looking like its the program control board in the door at fault here.

Thanks, ***** ***** something that would be economical to fix on a 4 year old dishwasher?

The part is £50 so its probberly worth the repair on this.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician