UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Bosch dishwasher. There is a red water tap showing…

I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch dishwasher. There is a red water tap showing and the machine just keeps running. I have checked the filters etc. and they are all clean. What can I try now??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I reckon it's about 5 years old. It's an integral machine. The E-Nr is SMV50C00GB Is that the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what the problem is!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The machine went through a complete cycle last evening and finished it, but just wouldn't switch off. When I turn it off at the wall, it won't cancel......

10/18/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Hi Daniel
Thanks. The machine is integrated, so I have called in an engineer to take it out and sort the problem as I think that removing it is rather more than I am capable of! Fingers crossed it is something simple.

No worries, Hopefully they can sort it for you and its just an overfill that caused this fault so it should be a simple fix.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks Daniel - the machine was leaking from the casing all along the back and I'm afraid it was condemned. I am having a new one fitted this afternoon.
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician