UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My Teka washer is not draining the water after the wash

Hello! My Teka washer is...
Hello! My Teka washer is not draining the water after the wash cycle I'm not sure what to do!
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LS14 1400E
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is a quick fix, yes If not, I will call my apartment owner
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so! Just that the last two times I've put loads in, the wash cycle and dry cycle have completed, but the water never drained
10/17/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the washer isnt draining the water then its possibley a blocked filter.

What you need to do is remove the plinth at the bottom of the kicthen infront of the washer and there you should see the filter in the bottom corner. If theres a plastic cover over it you will need to remove this,

Then from there you need to place a shallow tray under the filter and slacken the filter to slowely drain the water out from there.

Once all the water is out you can then fully remove the filter from there and clear out any debris from in there.

Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back is the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump up.

Once its all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and fingers crossed this will cure the fault from there and get it working again.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Daniel! I'm trying it now and will let you know how it goes!Best,
Lisa

No worries Lisa.

Hopfully you can sort it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello! I removed the cap and checked for blockages. After the barrage of water, I found only a small tag in there and nothing jamming the pump (I could even spin it around). I started the washer again but after the wash cycle it stopped and displayed an EO3 message and did not drain the water.

Ok E03 is a draining fault.

So if the pump and filter are all clear then check the waste hose and were it goes to and make sure theres nothing blocked in there.

But if all thats fine and its still not draining then its possibley a faulty drain pump here which will need to be replaced to cure this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you! I will check!

No worries.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician