UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a seimans dishwasher. I had an error code 24 and

Customer Question
Hi I have a seimans...
Hi I have a seimans dishwasher. I had an error code 24 and found the outlet pipe blocked. I have fixed that now but have a blue flashing tap symbol and the * symbol is also flashing - do you have any thoughts?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Seimans SD6P1S and no I haven't as I don't know how
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No - I am reasonably handy but don't know what the fault is. All working well yesterday
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/16/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Have you checked there isnt any water sitting in the base of the dishwasher which is activating the flood switch?

Pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degrees backwards and see if any water drains out from the base of the dishwasher.

Then stand it up right and retry it and see how it goes from there.

Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you I have tried that and have dried it all

Ok can you post the model number of the dishwasher door. Its usually etched into the door frame on the top left hand side as you open the door and starts E-nr

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SN661091CB/28

Can you just double check that model please as its not coming up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is an integrated money - the numbers on the inside of the door are:
SN66T091GB/28
And
SD6P1S
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model

Thanks for that ive got it now.

So if you cancel the cycle out by holding the start button for about 3 seconds it will reset that cycle.

Then retry it on another cycle and see what happens.

As at the start the pump should for for a few seconds and then stops.

Then it should start to fill.

Does it do any of this before the water light comes on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It doesn't seem to get as far as any sort of cycle - it seems unresponsive to any buttons at first (panel completely blank) but then two lights will flash together - the 'check water supply' light and the 'rinse aid' light. No button presses have any further effect
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the rinse aid is full

Ok so nothing is coming on the display untill them 3 lights come on?

Have you checked the flood switch in the base isnt jammed up. I know the base is dry but somtimes the float switch can get stuck up in place so it thinks theres water in the base when there isnt.

As for the check water light to come on this is either down to the dishwasher not filling or water leak in the base.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ah that would certainly make sense - we have access to the back - can you tell me roughly where the float switch is, please? Is it polystyrene?

Sorry for the delay, Just had to nip out.

The float is a polystrene disc which sits in the base of the dishwasher. Its towards the middle from what i remember on this model.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Daniel
That appears to be down. I have checked the inbound water filter and flow that seems okay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No worries. Yes, that fits. It doesn't seem to move very much at all - the plastic box on the top of it moves just a fraction. Should there be a definite movement? It is a bit damp in there but I have dried it out as much as possible. Just to fill in the rest of the picture - we originally had to unblock the drain hose (fat - yuk) hence the dampness and all was fine (ran a couple of rinse cycles to check) until we slid the machine back, at which point the control panel problem started happening

Ok so the fault only happened when you pushed it back into place?

If so have you pulled it back out to see if it works out of there again?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's out at the moment, and no it doesnt work
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have tried to check for kinks in hoses and loose connections but can't find anything obvious

Ok i think im going to have to opt out of this as i dont think i can give an answer without being there with the dishwasher.

If another expert can help on this they will jump in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just to clarify - after clearing the hose, we ran a couple of rinse cycles with the machine out - all good.
Pushed it back in - two flashing lights as described earlier.
Pulled it out - at first it seemed ok, then, still in the out position, it went back to the two lights scenario.Unfortunately I have to get up for work at a ridiculously early hour so need to head to bed. Could we continue this Tomorrow, please? Thank you very much for your help so far - you certainly seem to know your stuff.
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician