UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My zanuusi freezer is getting iced up straight away after…

Customer Question
Hi my zanuusi freezer...

Hi my zanuusi freezer is getting iced up straight away after defrosting - dont think is how it should be right?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Hi (PS my daugher is called Paarl! Ahhh) Make is Zanussi and Model is ZRB2825W

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/16/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Thankyou. FYI Ice is forming quite rapidly on the elements. (Am I right in saying that shouldn't happen?) Can I get an Ohm Meter at a DIY store?

Frost will form on the evaporator right away, but every 8-10 hours the heater should come on and melt it off. You can get a ohm meter at a home improvement store.

Thankyou

No problem!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician